Company: NBT Group
To help with our transformational change we are seeking a highly capable Management Accountant. You should exhibit extensive knowledge of financial analysis, forecasting and experience in a similar environment. You will be someone whose financial accounts and business management expertise translates into sustained business growth.
- Supervise the credit control function ensuring all transaction are processed accurately and in a timely manner and that credit risk to the company is minimised.
- Provide transactional purchase ledger support as required.
- Daily reconciliation
- Gathering and interpreting information to evaluate the efficiency of financial procedures.
- Calculate and input month end journals such as stock, depreciation, accruals and prepayments.
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Analysing key financial data and advising senior management on strategic planning.
- Developing and implementing cost-effective financial policies and procedures, as well as mitigating financial risks.
- Preparing financial reports and budgets, as well as controlling and forecasting income and expenditure.
- Overseeing accounts procedures and supervising junior financial department staff.
- Monitoring auditing and taxation practices, as well as evaluating benefits and compensation packages.
- Ensuring that financial management policies and procedures adhere to regulatory standards.
- Performing financial recordkeeping, as well as protecting sensitive and confidential information.
- Keeping informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in management accounting.
At NBT we want to grow the business, both organically and by acquisition, be innovative, diversify into new markets, grow as individuals and be the best we can be. We are passionate about our business, our partners’ business and love what we do – therefore as Management Accountant, you will be:
- Driven, energetic and entrepreneurial with a positive ‘right thing to do’ attitude, who is passionate about our business, our people and our customers.
- Approachable team player with a collaborative approach, comfortable with change and ambiguity, is a great communicator and has a growth mind-set.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is hungry to help shape and grow an organisation.
- Eager to become involved in all aspects of the Group business to ensure it is a long-term success.
Personal Skills and attributes required –
- Strong academics and a fully Qualified Accountant to at least CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CIPFA.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a management accountant in a related business.
- Invoice Finance experience.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards and financial regulations.
- Strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superb leadership, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.